Monday 30 April 2018

New tangle - LilyMay!

I'm very excited because I've just deconstructed my first tangle! We spent the weekend at my in-laws, and I couldn't help noticing this border on one of their decorative plates:


I wondered if I could turn it into a tangle, so I drew it out a few times in my sketchbook, modifying it to make sure it just uses the elemental strokes, and working out the best stepout. 

So here goes - I'd like to introduce 'LilyMay', named after my father-in-law's mother, who owned the plate that inspire the tangle:


In step 6, the pattern repeats the other way up - I find it easiest to rotate the tile for each alternate 'frond'. 
I don't think it needs much shading, but I quite like a little bit under the 'fescu' branches. 

Here it is in quite a large format on a square tile:



 With an aura and perfs it can be a ribbon tangle:



It can also be drawn quite small - think this would make a nice border:

Here it is as a border on a Zendala, along with LucyB's new tangle Essence (and Scrawlz by Jane Dickinson)


I'd love to know what you think - is this acceptable as a tangle?! 
Please let me know if this design already exists, or if this name has already been used. 



3 comments:

  1. M and D (Proud grandparents)30 April 2018 at 11:31

    Congratulations, Helen, on the birth of your first tangle, the beautiful LilyMay!
    We look forward to following her development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely charming! I look forward to using LilyMay.

    ReplyDelete